Crises can hit any company – regardless of whether they are self-inflicted or through external influences. In order to be prepared for these situations, intensive preparation for CEOs and executives is recommended in order to act properly in the event of an emergency. In this video you will learn what to look out for when preparing for a critical interview. DIKT founder and managing director Nikolai A. Behr gives you tips on how to master difficult interview situations. However, the best preparation is an intensive media training with one of our experts. Learn more about our training courses learn more here
Here are our tips for preparing for a critical interview:
1. Set up a defense strategy – and stick to it. No matter what happens.
2. Formulate unbiased statements about the critical topic.
3. Convince by facts and explain facts in detail. So your statements do not work like generalizations.
4. Consider examples / scenarios on your topic that are also understandable and convincing to laymen / Otto normalverbaucher!
5. Do not lie. No way.
6. Vote for the position you represent with the management and other (communications) officers.
7. Formulate everything positively. Example: NOT “We are very worried about this problem.” BUT “We are sure that we will soon find a solution to this problem.”
8. Let words follow action – media often checks that.